The Helen L. Diller Scholarship Program
The Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children Foundation, Inc. is proud to announce five recipients of its inaugural scholarship awards: Nick Spohn, Devin Adams, Theo Robinson, Kaleigh Brendle and Simon Bonenfant. Congratulations to our 2022 winners!
Our mission is to financially aid deserving campers in their pursuit of higher education/training to support an independent and successful adulthood.
About the Scholarship:
The Helen L. Diller Scholarship Program was established in 2022 by the Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children Foundation, Inc. As a nonprofit organization, we have a goal to expand how we serve our beloved campers. Not only do we provide children with visual impairments a weeklong vacation at the shore, but we are also now able to support them in their pursuit of higher education and training programs through our Scholarship Program. Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $5,000 per year (up to 4 years) for a total of $20,000 per recipient.
Criteria to apply:
- Applicants must have attended the Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children for at least one summer (as a camper with a visual impairment).
- Applicants are able to prove acceptance to the college/university or training program they will be putting the scholarship towards. (Applicants can already be a student at a college/university or training program).
- In order to qualify as a candidate, the camper will need to complete the Scholarship Application in addition to a completed and uploaded essay and at least two Letters of Recommendations by May 1.
Letters of Recommendation need to be completed by someone other than a family member or friend (example: teacher, coach, counselor, employer).
Once the application is completed:
- If all criteria above are met, the candidate will participate in an interview with the Camp Supervisor and Camp Director (through a recorded zoom meeting).
- The Scholarship Committee will review all information in order to choose the recipients.
Our 2022 Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 1.